If you’ve ever seriously considered a career as a 3D Artist, you owe it to yourself to get the Ultimate Career Guide. Don’t just take it from me though, have a look at the reviews 🙂
Some of my top students now work for Blizzard, Riot Game, Epic, Ubisoft, DICE, Obsidian and a number of other indie studios!
With this tutorial I decided to take my last 10 years in the video game industry as a Senior 3D Artist and try to summarize it as best as I could, giving away all the knowledge I have in this 45 hour course!
You won’t find more value for the price anywhere else online, that’s for damn sure.
? What’s included:
- What, Why, How (28min)
- Techniques Overview (Software, Hand-painted + PBR real-time pipeline demo) (2h06min)
- 3D industry (1h24min)
Chapter 4 – Hand-painted character
- Sculpting a base character (2h32min)
- Detailing the character (1h44min)
- Topology (3h37min)
- UVs (1h29min)
- Baking/Textures (3D Coat) (2h49min)
Chapter 5 – Creating a PBR character
- Sculpting the armor (7h20min)
- Topology (3h57min)
- UVs (2h23min)
- Baking (Substance) (1h13min)
- Textures (Substance) (6h22min)
- Portfolio/Presentation (3h28min)
- Getting a job (Exposure, Applying, Interview Tips) (1h10min)*
- Low poly base model
- Low poly PBR model
- High poly sculpts for both
- Marmoset viewer files
- Texture maps
- Topology cheat sheets
Chapter 8 (Bonus)
- Side/Passive income
The goal with this tutorial was to cover everything from what the job is, to what it’s like and how to actually get there.
If there was one tutorial to make art school for 3D art irrelevant, that’s what I wanted this one to be!
I hope this will give you all the clarity/knowledge you needed to allow yourself to pursue the career you want with confidence.
Can’t wait to hear what you guys think! Don’t hesitate to ask questions in the comments! If you think it’s great value, share it with friends, I’d really appreciate that!
- 3D Coat
- Subsance Painter
- Marmoset Toolbag 3
? To get up to speed with ZBrush first, you might want to get The Complete Introduction to ZBrush